I thought I'd update you all on how my pregnancy is going along- that seems to be the bulk of what I'm asked these days when people talk to me. Not that I mind, but I am quite conscious of not bringing it up myself because of wanting to respect others- they may not want to hear about my pregnancy, they may be struggling with not being able to fall pregnant themselves (both married and single women)and also because I don't want to appear as if the pregnancy is all that I think about, although I do think about it a great deal especially as Junior kicks so often now! I do want to be showing people that they matter to me and I'm interested in their lives as well!! But I guess with my tummy poking out now, people just ask me straight off- how is the pregnancy going?
So a warning- if you don't want to hear about it, please refrain from reading any further!
For those who want technical details: I'm 25 weeks pregnant now, soon to be 26 on Thursday. I've gained about 7kg so far and it's starting to show on other parts of my body apart from my tummy! According to some pregnancy websites, Junior is about 26cm long now but will not look like that in the tummy- she's curled up most of the time I think. Junior's been kicking for a few weeks now, lately it has been more forceful and more often. A kick to me feels like she is playing the game "Puzzle Bobble" in my tummy- it feels like a group of bubbles popping near the surface of my skin. I don't know how else to explain it! When she moves, it feels like I have an alien in my tummy. Right now, she is sitting in the very front of my tummy cos it feels quite hard and uncomfortable there and my tummy is soft around the edges.
Junior is a she by the way! Which we're very thankful for and glad about. I have a lovely close relationship with my mum and I really want to strive to have that with my own daughter too.
Some difficulties of the second trimester- I've started finding it hard to sleep comfortably so I'm restless in bed and tired often. This means poor J doesn't get much sleep either! I've suggested that we sleep separately but he won't agree to that which is quite nice I think :) I have struggled with back pain recently (having struggled with it in the past as a nurse) and have been getting occasional leg cramps too. My feet swell up on really hot days and that can be a bit uncomfortable. Other than those things, I'm really enjoying being pregnant at the moment. I'm not too big and I can feel Junior moving. It's great! I hear it gets worse in the 3rd trimester which is where I'll be in a couple of weeks.
Something I've been thinking about lately: I've realised that I'm not feeling as dependent on God as I used to be, especially in my first trimester where miscarriage was more of a risk. I feel that now that I'm more than halfway along, I don't think as much about the possibility of losing Junior. My friend M and I prayed together the other day and M prayed about God taking and giving and being good in how He does that- and it struck me then that it would catch me completely off guard if God were to take Junior away from me in miscarriage/stillbirth. I expect that Junior is going to be born alive and well. I don't know how right/wrong this is.. or whether I can say if it should be measured by being right/wrong. And how is this related to my trust/dependency on God?
I'll let you know what I come up with as I think more about it. Welcoming any of your thoughts/comments :)
No comments:
Post a Comment