Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Kissing the wave

Had my first difficult night the other night with E2 getting hardly any sleep. First of many more to come, if he's anything like our daughter! The next day, I was reading through some notes I had taken from past sermons and this quote jumped out at me:

"I have learnt to kiss the wave that strikes me against the Rock of ages"

- Spurgeon.

Have I learnt this too? Hmm, I'm not sure I have! But as I read that quote, I remember thinking at 6am after some crying (from me, not from E2!) that today was a new day and I subsequently prayed for God's grace and mercies for this new day. And I remembered experiencing my labour pains too and praying out loud over and over, "Please Father, help me through this, give me your strength. I need you, Lord". The waves certainly strike me against the Rock! So while I'm not at the "kissing the wave" stage just yet, maybe I'll get there one day?

No comments: