We have just started something different in our Scripture classes - during the last 10 minutes of the class I head outside and sit under a tree with the Yr 5 and 6 kids (6 of them in total) and we do something called "Tough Questions" where they ask me whatever they like about the Bible, Jesus, the SRE lesson etc.
I have been especially encouraged today by Sarah who is in Yr 6. Each week she asks a question that shows she's really interested in having a personal relationship with Jesus! This is amazing for me because all she knows about Jesus and the gospel she's heard from us at SRE! Today, she asked "how do we pray?" and asked me to write down a prayer "template" to help guide her prayers. Please pray for her.. she's headed to a Catholic high school next year and I'm trying to figure out how I can still meet with her to read the Bible. She's going to ask her parents if she's allowed to do this.. I would love it so much, she is so keen to know about Jesus and when you do Bible study with someone like that... well there's something about it that makes me positively giddy!! Extremely addictive stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment