Wednesday, 12 March 2008

Viruses

I'm at home today feeling absolutely dreadful from the flu virus. Well that's what J and I have decided I've got..! (I guess that's what results from being a doctor and a nurse: self-diagnosis). I've been asking God about this.. about why I feel this way, why now, why so awful?!

And I've wondered about a few things:

1. I'm too busy and need to prayerfully think over whether I should accept ministry opportunities
2. I need to be reminded that I'm not the only one capable and trust in others- and really, it's God who gifts me and others to build up the church in the first place (1 Cor. 12)
3. (which is linked sort of to point 2) I am much too reliant on myself and what I can do and not reliant enough on God and what He does through me
4. We live in a post-fall world, where sickness is now "normal" and it might not mean a thing at all but helps me to long for that time when Christ returns and our bodies are made new

Maybe it's all of these things. Whatever it is, I continue to rejoice in knowing that I have a God who I can take comfort in... and who has graciously provided us with strong analgesia!

No comments: